- October 14 - 18 Baby Blankets Dedicated in DFUMC services - Team members and children of the church participated in a Blessing of Rachel's Blankets during morning worship.
- October 17 - 150 Trunk or Treat Bags Made - Team made bead bracelet and twisted yarn bracelet kits packed with directions, supplies, candy, stickers and inform about Rachel's Blankets and Fine Arts Academy.
- October 25 - Booth at Trunk or Treat - Team works Ministry Booth with FAA and Rachel's Blankets. Gave away Treat Bags and did Face Painting.
- October 31 - Twisted Bracelet Kits and Treat Bags remaining from Trunk or Treat to be sent to Murphy-Harpst Children. The remaining Treat Bags will be repackaged and sent to children.
- Nov 11 - Military Skull Caps Dedicated - A dedication is schedule for DFUMC services on November 11, 2012 to dedicated military skull caps. The caps will be sent to deployed military. A "goodies box" will be prepared and sent with the caps.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Here's what's happening with Rachel's Blanket Ministry Team -
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
October 10, 2012
L-R Bottom (Beverly, Makayla, Lee L-R Top (Janet, Marge, Margaret)
Team Members visited Ewe Knit & Crochet in Carrollton, GA. Lunch at The Lazy Donkey was great. Always good to spend time with these dedicated and talented people. Currently projects a) baby blankets for Pregnancy Resource Center in Douglasville (see the current blankets below), b) Dedication of the Rachel's Blankets is scheduled for Sunday, October 14, 2012 at Douglasville First United Methodist Church, c) military skull caps and treat boxes to soldiers is scheduled for November, d) in 2013 the team begins making baby blankets for DFUMC member new babies and will have an ongoing prayer ministry for the babies, families and soldiers that receive the caps or blankets.
This quarter 18 blankets will be donated to the Douglasville Pregnancy Resource Center.